Reform Support Team (RST) at the Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine (MoI), funded through the EBRD-managed Ukraine Multi-Donor Account, is a group of Ukrainian professionals (non-civil servants) funded on a temporary basis by the donors that provides targeted technical support and assists in the design and implementation of priority reforms.
1. Objective (s) and linkages to Reforms
A Legal Counsel on Compliance is vitally needed to support the Government of Ukraine and in particular MoI in the fulfillment of the road sector reform.
The Legal Counsel will be responsible for ensuring compliance of activity of the Ministry and agencies under its control with the anti-corruption and anti-bribery laws and regulations, rules and regulations of regulatory agencies.
2. Duration and proposed timeframe:
Duration of assignment is 1 year, including a 2-month probation period.
3. Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Coordination and facilitation of reform implementation process:
- developing the road sector’s reform agenda and work planning
- preparation of drafted transport legislation and its implementation corresponds to the relevant compliance standards
- drafting Compliance Guidelines for the Ministry and SOEs and agencies under its control
- preparation of the Anticorruption program for the Ministry
- cooperation with the Anti-Corruption Deputy Minister and the Ministry’s Anti-Corruption Department in streamlining and aligning compliance approaches and measures
- contributing to the sector conferences and workshops
- assistance to the Ministry in the establishment of the Ministry’s Anti-Corruption Department
- supporting SOEs in implementing compliance systems
- supporting the RST, the Ministry and SOEs in compliance-related investigations and proceedings
- establishing and maintain relationships, cooperation with the governmental anti-corruption, enforcement and crime prevention authorities, investigative departments of the relevant national, regional and local authorities
- Support approval the drafted legislation in the Parliament, assist in implementation of the legislation
- Straightening weight control implementation of pilot project electronic weight control systems and extending the pilot project for all territory of Ukraine
- Organization of due-diligence of the JSC «Automobile Roads of Ukraine» (DAK), support the implementation the reform plan, support preparation for privatization
- AA Directives 7320, 7386- assistance in the approval and implementation and other responsibilities as assigned by the RST Director
4. Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- At least a bachelor’s degree in law from the reputable Ukrainian or foreign University
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret complex legal, commercial and financial information
- PC literacy (PowerPoint, Project, Excel, Word, Legal databases Liga or Rada proficient)
- Experience in high-level negotiations, strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent command of English and Ukrainian, both written and spoken
- Preferably more than 10 years of general professional experience
- At least 5 years of proven managerial experience in leading law firm, public or business administration, consulting
- Experience in building up compliance system in at least one organization
- Experience in compliance-related investigations and proceedings, including court, would be an advantage
- Prior experience of work in public sector reform is a plus
- Familiarity with the reform agenda in Ukraine
- Experience in leading multidisciplinary teams is an asset
- Experience in infrastructure sector is an asset
- Specific experience with compliance in transport sector would be an advantage
The estimated monthly value of this consultancy position is in the region of EUR 1,100 — 1,400.The funding source of this assignment is the EBRD-Ukraine Stabilisation and Sustainable Growth Multi-Donor Account. Please note selection and contracting will be subject to the availability of funding
Submissions must be prepared in English only and be delivered electronically by 14th of July, 2018.
All submissions must include a completed Application Form and the CV, Reference Letter from a recent supervisor. Only applications which have been submitted using the correct template and are completed will be considered.